Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 1

St. Catz

Hello to everyone who has found this blog, Kelley in Oxford. I’m writing this on Sunday, July 5, 2009, but the blog site isn’t available yet, so I will post this as soon as I can. I am currently in Oxford, United Kingdom with 17 Kelley undergraduate students and one faculty member, Dr. Patricia McDougall, the William L. Haeberle Professor of Entrepreneurship and Professor of Strategic Management.


It’s our first day here at St. Catherine's College. Unlike all of the previous short-term international study trips organized by Kelley, everyone travelled separately for this program. I arrived in London on the night of the 3rd and made it to Oxford at 9:16 this morning. Most of the students were here and checked in before 4:00 pm, or 16.00 as they would type here. We met for dinner in the dining hall at 19.00, where we were served tomato, courgette and basil soup, chicken a la king, and Summer Pudding. (I just learned that courgette is an alternate name for zucchini.) There was a brief rain shower this morning, but otherwise it has been a beautiful day, and both Prof. McDougall and I made it down to Broad Street to grab a bite to eat and do a little shopping.

summer pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment